Six Year Surgiversary

Patricia R.
on 8/28/12 3:23 pm - Perry, MI
Hi PA,
I just remembered that today is my six year surgiversary.  Six years ago this afternoon, I walked into Barix and had one of the most life changing experiences in my life.  

I do not regret it one bit.   I needed hernia surgery a little more than a year later, and now have iron and B12 deficiency.  Yet, I'll take them over being prediabetic, needing cholesterol medication, having the constant arthritic pain, wearing size 28 clothes, and needing a seat belt extender on planes.  

I am happy with the weight I am at now, but would like to reach goal.  I had a 45 pound regain due to a relapse, but have since lost 30 of that.  

Which reminds me that I need to call Barix and schedule my annual appointment with Dr. Marymor.

I am so grateful that he did this surgery.  He is an excellent surgeon, and even an excellent person.  I know he lurks here, because whenever I post anything serious, like my hospitalization in January, he gives me a call at home to check on me.  He has the best bedside manner of all my doctors.  So, if anyone is lurking that is considering weight loss surgery, I recommend Barix and highly recommend Dr. Neil Marymor.

Tons of grateful hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 8/28/12 5:01 pm
 Happy Surgiversary Trish!!

Keep on successing....

Hugs, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/28/12 5:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
you are an amazing woman!!!!

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 8/28/12 6:38 pm
 Congratulations, Trish! 6 years is a LOT!

And you are right, the docs at Barix are top notch!

Lisa H.
on 8/29/12 3:49 am - Whitehall, PA
 Way to go Trish.. keep on inspiring and successing!

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 8/29/12 5:42 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Trish,

Congratulations!!! 

You certainly are an example of what post-WLS is like long-term, you hit some rough patches and picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and picked up what works and are working it and that is what this journey is all about!  I applaud your "successing" thusfar and wish you many more years of healthier and engaged living!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jackie M.
on 8/29/12 10:22 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
That is great.  You are doing wonderful.     

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Jeannine L.
on 9/4/12 6:53 pm - Dover, DE
Congrats!  You have done an amazing job. I don't visit the boards often, and never posted much, but my 6 year surgiversary is next month and I wanted to see how my fellow Barix 2006 "graduates" are doing. I can't believe it's been 6 years. I don't remember my old life. Well, I only remember enough to know that I am NEVER going back.

I agree that Dr. Marymor is the best! After each of my annual appointments I take a handful of his cards and give them to anyone who expresses interest in my success. 
Izabelle G.
on 9/5/12 9:16 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Congratulations!

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Ms. R.
on 9/8/12 9:13 pm - Pottstown, PA
congrats. 

I am 8.5 years out and I am so happy that I had the surgery.  It changed my life.  I work the tool.  I also have severe iron deficiency that requires iron infusions.

Its been a journey.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views